It can be simply amazing the speed at which world events can be sent around the Web via social media, and if that word is bad and happens to concern you or your company, you should have a plan of defense. If you’ve made an egregious error, it is possible to deal with that, short of getting into it with others online defending yourself. You won’t win that one, whether you’re right or not.
What if you ARE right?
There are occasions when through no fault of your own, the defecation hits the rotary blades. There are lots of ways this could come about, for instance a boisterous unhappy client or customer, wrong or inaccurate press, or even contributions from devious competitors. So while it’s extremely unfair, the fact remains that everybody is talking trash about you and your company. How does one handle that? Since we realize that we don’t want to slug it out in public, how can you keep from appearing the total wimp to the world?
Be sure and stick to your core message!
If you have sufficient belief in your core message then you need to prove it by sticking to your guns when others would attempt to put in their two cents. This opposition usually comes through social media as negative comments and complaints concerning your products, services, or particularly any changes you might have made. No one likes change, especially to things they enjoy or purchase. On the other hand, major time, thought and energy probably went into your brand new products or product changes. To roll with each and every whim of a capricious public is to invite disaster. Make sure you answer every post though, with your characteristic diplomacy and customer care, but leave no question that you stand behind your products and services.
How to do this right – Sticking to your message with Shake Shack
SocialMediaToday.com reports an excellent example of sticking by your brand when you’re right by New York City eatery Shake Shack. Their cardinal sin: modifying the shape of their french fries! Before you could open the ketchup bottle people were launching into them on Twitter. Rather than continuing the fight by tossing more fries, Shake Shack made the smart play, answering their critics with compassion and care, yet standing by their new product 100 percent. Sounds like a recipe for success to me!
A frequent mistake a lot of people make is thinking that marketing automation software is simply a tool for email marketing. While it’s true that its origins are form there, the truth is what we’re referring to is a completely different sort of animal.
According to Wikipedia, “Marketing automation refers to software platforms designed for marketing departments and organizations to automate repetitive tasks. Marketing departments, consultants and part-time marketing employees benefit by specifying criteria and outcomes for tasks and processes that are then interpreted, stored and executed by software, which increases efficiency and reduces human error. Originally focused on email marketing automation, marketing automation refers to a broad range of automation and analytic tools for marketing.”
So how can beauty salon business benefit?
When it became clear that some 93% of B2B buyers are using the search engines to begin their buying process, it was incumbent for businesses to find a method to streamline the inbound marketing process, as well as make it far easier and less time consuming to look after. Marketing automation software is the tool that makes this happen, enabling marketers to more quickly manage every aspect of your lead generation process. Software like this will get traffic to your site, it will launch them down the buying process with offers and relevant emails and other content. It can also segment your leads by source, interests and any other factors.
How this works is the systems have a complex series of rules to trigger action items, whether that is a particular offer, more content, email follow-up or other action. This enables marketers to provide precisely what the visitor wants at any given time. Deciding whether or not your small business can benefit from marketing automation software is a question of resources and commitment. After the decision is made, a commitment to keeping the content funnel filled, as well as managing the automation workflow is necessary.
If your small business is struggling to stay up with all that you are tasked with, or if you would like to bring your beauty salon business to another level, then you may want to take a close look at marketing automation software.
YouTube is now the second largest search engine on the planet, and by far the most flexible. You can embed YouTube videos quickly and easily just about anywhere, and multiply your marketing efforts with ease. Additionally, using YouTube marketing in your business is an extremely cost-effective way to drive traffic and sales. You’ve heard the stats touting YouTube as the behemoth it is, and the reasons you really need to use it in your business. Nevertheless, it’s not always clear exactly how to go about that.
Let’s look at 7 ways you can incorporate YouTube into your business quickly and profitably.
- Create videos of your products and services – Here’s your chance to demonstrate your stuff in action. Strive to make these videos fun, and not overly technical. Emphasize what benefits they can give to the buyers.
- Drive lots of traffic – Videos can drive LOTS of traffic! Make sure you properly optimize your YouTube videos, and learn the specifics of what it takes to rank them well. Just so you know, it’s far easier to rank a video compared to a web page. Something to think about.
- Create a dedicated YouTube channel for your brand – Making a specific YouTube channel for your business will help in many ways, particularly in Google rankings. YouTube is also a social network, so you would be wise to keep watch over any comments that pop up on your videos and channel.
- Put a face on your business – Letting people meet you and some of your staff by way of video is a marvelous way to build trust.
- Create short videos of valuable tips – Create tip videos that demonstrate your expertise in various areas your audience has an interest in.
- Link to your videos with social media – These days it’s very important to link our properties together, so that you can create not only better search rankings, but also social media traffic. Make sure you include links on your social media sites!
- Use clients and customer testimonials – A fantastic way to showcase both your clients and customers, (who’ll become raving fans!) and provide social proof regarding your products and services.