Online Reputation Management Begins at Home!
When your online reputation could take a debilitating hit in seconds, you must have a plan for making sure you not only can manage it, but recover from any damage that has been done, deserved or not. This is the substance of online reputation management.
What can you do in order to be proactive about your online reputation?
Far and away the best line of defense when it comes to your online reputation is making effective and regular use of your company blog. Posting fresh and relevant content can help negate any affects from the occasional negative social media entry, and give you additional search benefits at the same time! In s study by Econsultancy and Adobe, content marketing is deemed the number one priority for online marketers in 2013, and it can be also a great tool for reputation management.
Why posting to your blog makes a difference
Posting consistently to your company blog offers a great many benefits, from having a forum you control to announce new products, build relationships, establish authority and more. But for the purposes we’re discussing here, the best way that your blog will make a difference is that posts made here will dominate the search results regarding brand. Google will view your blog posts as more authoritative than the occasional tweet or Facebook posting, and will rank them higher in the search results. This means that most if not all negative entries will usually end up buried far down, away from searching eyes. The only time this might not be the case is in the case of a big flare-up that is getting LOTS of attention, in that case you’ll be forced to take additional measures together with posting to your blog.
5 Blogging best practices to get started
- Post regularly! At the very least a couple of times a week. Before long you’ll have a large amount of content.
- Use keywords you want to be found for, along with your brand name.
- Make your postings relevant, timely and shareable!
- Integrate with your social media outlets. Link to your videos, Facebook page, and others.
- Be personable, not corporate. Be someone they want to believe in!
You might have heard that Yelp was pretty much history, and it was no longer important to your beauty salon business today. That’s likely your competition talking!
If you have a local business, Yelp is more important than ever before for the reputation and marketing of your business, and in case you don’t believe us, just ask your competition! We’d like to share with you a load of reasons why your business should bother with Yelp. Hopefully it opens your eyes regarding the opportunity that’s still available on Yelp. So here goes!
10 good reasons to use Yelp even more than before!
- 90 percent of Yelp users say that reading positive reviews influences their purchasing decisions and the lion’s share of these reviews are written.
- 93 percent of people who search review sites usually go shopping at the businesses for they investigate.
- There is an average $8,000 improvement in annual revenues for businesses that use Yelp.
- There is a $23,000 increase in revenues for businesses that decide to use Yelp advertising.
- 77 percent of Yelp users claim that they have a renewed and more focused customer service initiative after using Yelp.
- In spite of all these numbers, a full 87 percent of small businesses have yet to use Yelp.
- Reviews from your guests that praise your “customer service” in their review are far more likely to grant those coveted 5 star reviews.
- Each star generates a 5-9 percent leap in revenues.
- Yelp favors small businesses over the McDonalds of the world.
- Yelp’s fantastic new “Call to Action” button delivers clients and customers directly from your Yelp page to your website where a transaction can take place.
Yelp is far from over in the online review space. It still provides a incredible opportunity for small business. As many online shoppers investigate online reviews and base their buying decisions on them, it would be fiscally irresponsible to not use such a fantastic site for positive feedback about your brand. Yelp offers you the opportunity to engage with consumers you seek to attract in a meaningful and palpable way.
Thought of using Vine for short, sharable videos for your beauty salon business? If you haven’t, you definitely should. Making these videos is probably already within both your skill set and technology, as many are simply using their smartphones and publishing these by the boatload.
Why is everyone so all a Twitter about Vine?
So, just in case you’ve not yet delved into just what Vine is and what it can do on your behalf, here’s the short version: Vine is a video sharing platform on Twitter that enables you to create and upload 6-second videos to Twitter. So what good is a 6-second video, you may ask? Well, plenty of good! Have a look at how a few companies are using Vine videos to help further their brand, promote their merchandise, and otherwise promote their business: RedVines, Urban Outfitters and Nintendo.
These companies found a way for videos to help further their brand, advertise their products and services, and promote their businesses in other ways. They know that this service, that is trending incredibly hot just now, can do for them. One of the major attractions of a service like Vine is that getting your content in front of people is getting more and more difficult as people are less willing to take time to read. Consumers are less eager to read, so a 6-second video is exactly what the doctor ordered, and you’d be impressed at a few of the ways people are using Vine. As reported by Biznology.com, businesses are making use of them to introduce new employees, announce events, give an insider’s look into the business, and in many cases creating short commercials to display their latest product or service.
Publiseek.com offers more innovative options to use Vine. Some of these include:
- Recording live clients and customer reactions and testimonials
- Record live launch updates about your new product or service
- Real estate professionals have found Vine useful to present virtual tours of new listings
- Restaurants are eating this up! Sending out daily specials and menus
- Decorators and designers are using Vine to display before and after pics
The possibilities are just about endless, and this is something that can be done rapidly and make a difference in as little as a day. Look into Vine today!