The age of thinking of mobile marketing as just a “fad” or the “next big thing” has ended. It’s here, it’s big, and it’s only going to get bigger. A freshly released survey by the Web.com group discovered that some 69 percent of the people surveyed declared that they believed that mobile marketing would be crucial to their business over the next five years, yet most of those hadn’t yet implemented it. With 84 percent of those using mobile marketing reporting a gain due to mobile, there isn’t any excuse for falling further behind the curve!
5 Ways to implement mobile marketing in your small business
- Make sure your website and social media are mobile ready! – Take the time required to ensure that your site and major social media pages are mobile ready. There are some significant items that determine if your pages render well on a mobile device, such as font size, spacing and images files. Have these checked out, so you don’t lose your mobile visitors!
- Be sure to claim and optimize local listings – It’s insufficient to only have a listing on entities like Google local, Yelp or other local directories, you need to make those listings work for you! Keep your info up-to-date, and revise frequently with new promotions and news.
- Optimize your email – One that frequently goes ignored, optimizing your email for mobile devices is crucial as well. eConsultancy tells us that 41 percent of email is now opened on a smartphone or tablet, and of that group, 63 percent close or delete any emails that aren’t mobile optimized. Try to use one-column layouts, font size of 14, and line spacing to 1.5 for small-screen readability.
- Use Google Analytics – If you’re just guessing about whether or not mobile is working for you, you’re going to be wasting lots of time and money. Get hard data which you can use with the help of Google Analytics. You will find a mountain of data available, but you can simplify by segmenting smartphone and tablet visitors and analyzing their on-page behavior, letting you see how your campaigns are doing.
- Offer irresistible deals – Everyone enjoys a deal, and mobile shoppers are some of the most voracious. Moreover, they’re out and about NOW, and you can attract them with well-timed offers and coupons.