As mobile devices partner up with location based services such as Foursquare and Yelp, it has undeniably changed the way your clients and customers find and use your business. The material offered by these services is a real time-saver and social proof catalyst that provides them more info on where to eat, sleep, shop and be entertained. What can you do to ensure that your small business can make the best use of these location based services?
Here are 7 tips to help you make money from location based marketing!
- Make sure your local listings are correct – Verify that the information listed in Google+ Local, Yelp, FourSquare and any other services you use is accurate. This includes your name, address, phone, maps and any other contact or business information you want to be known.
- Make sure your website is mobile responsive – Some 50 percent of all local searches are emanating forma mobile device, so it’s crucial that your site renders well in a mobile browser.
- Realize the difference between push and pull – You can push ads out to people who happen to be in your vicinity, as well as appeal to those people who are trying to discover an item that meets their needs.
- Local reviews can make a difference – The majority of shoppers are making local purchasing decisions based upon reviews they come across. It’s still a good idea to encourage and reward reviews of your business, as this could be the swing vote!
- Offer incentives – This is an easy way to leapfrog the competition when the choices aren’t so clear-cut.
- Be responsive to reviews and social media – Don’t forget to keep up with your social media, especially reviews. People notice!
- Consider deals for mobile wallet users – Here’s one your competition is very likely not using yet: consider offering deals to customers who use their mobile wallets, like Google Wallet, Passbook or any other. Engage them with special offers and discounts only accessible to them!
Spread the Word, like or share this page, your friends will also love it and thanks for it.