So why use infographics? Infographics have taken the world by storm, as we are increasingly more inclined to process data visually than through the written word. Neuroscience explains why: based on research from 3M (maker of Post-its, among other things), 90% of data transmitted to the brain is visual, and visuals are processed 60,000X faster in the brain than text! So some smart person somewhere invented infographics (probably Al Gore) to help us tell our stories. Now, smart beauty salon companies are utilizing these visually pleasing, data-rich illustrations to educate and engage new cliients and customers. Here’s a great example of how one online marketer is utilizing infographics to build his business.
There are a number of great reasons why you should consider using infographics in your business. Here’s a few:
- They are easily scanned and can be visually impressive, aspects that grab the attention of web browsers today
- They present details easily and in an organized manner
- They lend authority to your competency on the given subject
- One of the best benefits of using infographics is because they can go viral, which can often bring about large traffic spikes and search engine benefits
- As images, they can be easily shared, which offers a number of benefits (according to research conducted by social media expert Dan Zarrella, images have more shares and likes on Facebook than any other post type—even video)
So to show you some of the magic of infographics, check out this infographic from MarketingTechBlog.com.
How to produce your own infographics
Want to generate your own infographic for your beauty salon business? There are a growing number of sites and tools coming around now that enable you to jump in and fashion stunning infographics. At the most basic level you can make them in PowerPoint, which is easier than you might think. If you’re searching for a bit more advanced or polished option, you should consider a tool like Visual.ly, where you can customize existing templates to your needs, or perhaps, use a service like PiktoChart or Infogram.
What if you can’t design a whit?
Outsource it! Sometimes we don’t have the time, inclination or skills to get this kind of work done, especially if you’ve never done any work with images before. No worries, you’ll find great designers on the web just dying to create your infographics. A few of the places you can find that will help you in this regard, and in most cases for a reasonable fee, include 99Designs, Elance, Odesk, Fiverr, and Freelancer.com. You should definitely see samples, set parameters and expectations, and are able to communicate your vision clearly with your outsourcer, so there are no surprises!