You might have heard that Yelp was pretty much history, and it was no longer important to your beauty salon business today. That’s likely your competition talking!
If you have a local business, Yelp is more important than ever before for the reputation and marketing of your business, and in case you don’t believe us, just ask your competition! We’d like to share with you a load of reasons why your business should bother with Yelp. Hopefully it opens your eyes regarding the opportunity that’s still available on Yelp. So here goes!
10 good reasons to use Yelp even more than before!
- 90 percent of Yelp users say that reading positive reviews influences their purchasing decisions and the lion’s share of these reviews are written.
- 93 percent of people who search review sites usually go shopping at the businesses for they investigate.
- There is an average $8,000 improvement in annual revenues for businesses that use Yelp.
- There is a $23,000 increase in revenues for businesses that decide to use Yelp advertising.
- 77 percent of Yelp users claim that they have a renewed and more focused customer service initiative after using Yelp.
- In spite of all these numbers, a full 87 percent of small businesses have yet to use Yelp.
- Reviews from your guests that praise your “customer service” in their review are far more likely to grant those coveted 5 star reviews.
- Each star generates a 5-9 percent leap in revenues.
- Yelp favors small businesses over the McDonalds of the world.
- Yelp’s fantastic new “Call to Action” button delivers clients and customers directly from your Yelp page to your website where a transaction can take place.
Yelp is far from over in the online review space. It still provides a incredible opportunity for small business. As many online shoppers investigate online reviews and base their buying decisions on them, it would be fiscally irresponsible to not use such a fantastic site for positive feedback about your brand. Yelp offers you the opportunity to engage with consumers you seek to attract in a meaningful and palpable way.