It’s that time of year, when many of us get around to doing some spring cleaning, and this ought to apply to your beauty salon business website, as well. It’s far too easy to permit this task go by the wayside, but the consequences of this is a gradual loss of visitors, a poor site reputation and even sales. Even though this can be a rather insidious way to weak performance, as you don’t normally see it happening, it’s still a very real problem.
Here are 5 simple things you can do that can make a huge difference in the way your sites appear, operate and prosper.
- How fast do your pages load? – You have less than 10 seconds to load your page or the majority of people will exit and head elsewhere. Some reasons for slow loading pages are too many images, pages built mostly with Flash, and errors in your site code. This really is something you need to check on, as Google will penalize your site in the search rankings if your pages take a long time to load.
- Old products, programs, links lurking – Be sure you remove any old product, programs and links that are no longer applicable. Almost nothing says your page is stale and dated more than your PDF download from 2008 that’s not only dated but unavailable. Dead links and 404 pages will also not help your search rank, either.
- Old content and images – Likewise cull out stale, no longer relevant content and images. Your old pictures from the company picnic in 2007 may not be considered fresh content, which is what people and search engines both want!
- Refresh your social media – Make sure that your social media buttons not only link to your current social media sites, but that you are up to date with them.
- Fresh content – Nothing will help nearly as much as fresh, updated content, consisting of posts, videos, audios, and images. If you have posts on the first page of your blog that are older than a month, you may want to rethink your content strategy.
It’s spring, and time to get about cleaning. You’ll be glad you did!