So, let’s have a quick show of hands: how many of you thought Pinterest was just another place to post your photos, as well as pick up some easy links. Don’t be embarrassed, most of us had no idea Pinterest would become the traffic monster it’s fast morphing into, and even fewer imagined traffic from there would convert. Think again!
5 Amazing statistics about Pinterest that will change the way you think about it!
- According to Mashable Pinterest has now outstripped Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit and Google+ COMBINED in terms of traffic!
- Think this is junk traffic? Think again! Traffic from Pinterest is converting at rates 50 percent more than the rest.
- Pinterest Pins are apparently evergreen, delivering traffic, clicks and sales months after they‘ve been pinned!
- Guess which photo sharing site produces 4X more revenue than Twitter and a full 27 percent greater than Facebook? Good guess, Pinterest!
- And exactly how much more revenue? Well a study by Piqora discovered that a single Pin is now worth $0.78 in sales, a figure that is rising some 25 percent per year.
So how to take advantage of Pinterest traffic?
Getting the best results from Pinterest is a matter of deciding to make it an inclusive part of your social media marketing plans. It’s simply not enough to slap a Pin It button on your blog posts or images and pray for the best. Here are a few ideas to make Pinterest work for you.
First know what you can pin. It’s not just images. You can pin your blog posts, videos, slideshows, book and report covers, templates and Powerpoint presentations. Create your own Pinterest account and link back to your products and services. Pinterest is very easy to set up and use, and with the volume of traffic and conversions coming from it now, you’d be wise to get onboard!