Think an e-newsletter is passé and the definition of boring? You may want to have another look. Done right, an e-newsletter remains one of the best ways to engage followers directly, one to one. Additionally, an e-newsletter benefits tremendously from its connection with email, in that it is eminently trackable, conversational, and sharable via social media and even video.
Now that we have that said, let’s check out five ways you can make your e-newsletter get noticed, and be shared around the Web.
5 Ways to craft a great beauty salon e-newsletter
- Pick your topic carefully – Understand who your core audience is, and then niche down from that point, until you hit the specific vein you want to mine. Resist the instinct to go wide, like “hair”. Go narrow and deep.
- Present them something to click – You’re just not doing your job if you aren’t providing something for them to click, be it a a related article, a promotion, surveys or a link back to your site for you to continue the engagement.
- Create content people are dying to share – Readers are seeking useful and leading edge information. Make sure and offer news, marketing information, human interest, and appeal to your readers for engagement with your goal being to build relationship. Don’t be shy about selling your wares, but don’t let it be your sole purpose of sending the e-newsletter. Promote sharing!
- Serve your reader – Understanding your audience and providing what they are seeking in terms of information goes a long way toward determining the success or failure of your e-newsletter. Routinely engage and ask questions that lead you to topics which need to be written about, and then deliver.
- Share content across channels – This is a way for you to really pump up the readership of your e-newsletter. Utilize surveys, polls, and crowdsourcing (queries on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and blogs) to discover the subject areas your readers would like to know about. This has the benefit of being able to share the most useful stories in your e-newsletter across your social channels. What’s more readers and quite often the subjects you write about do the same!
Spread the Word, like or share this page, your friends will also love it and thanks for it.