Hasn’t everyone and anyone told you that video marketing is a snap, and you need to get going like, yesterday? While part of that holds true, diving into the deep end without realizing some of what lies under the water might be hazardous to your wealth! Sitepoint offers a glimpse into what can go wrong with your video marketing campaigns, and how to avoid some common mistakes.
Our 5 favorite video marketing blunders
- Don’t oversell – If you’re searching for a sure-fire way to have visitors running away from your pages, be sure and deliver a hard hitting, hype-filled sales pitch. You almost certainly can’t stand this yourself, why inflict this upon your prospective clients and customers? Instead show them the benefits, what’s in it for them, and get them open to your message first, and then present the deal.
- Don’t undersell – The flip side of overselling is just as bad. Don’t be so mindful of not offending that you never ask for the sale at all. Include several calls to action, and make sure you ask for the action you’re after, be it a click, sale, or opt-in.
- Don’t be boring – The cardinal sin of entertainment, and video falls into this category even if you’re selling rocks, is being boring. Present a mind-numbing video, even if it’s a couple of minutes long, and they won’t watch or stay, and they sure won’t return for more! Try to think of what might excite your viewer about this subject, and not just your point of view as the merchant.
- Not being specific – Be sure you understand who your target audience is, and what are their needs and concerns, and then address them. Be as focused as you can on those needs or wants, and see the views go up!
- Avoid information overload – Try not to convey so much information in your video that it clouds the specific message you’re trying to make. If you need to make several videos make them, do it. Keep the messages on point, and thus avoid any confusion.
Spread the Word, like or share this page, your friends will also love it and thanks for it.