You may have been considering whether or not it’s wise for your beauty salon business to spend the time and money required to develop and employ a mobile app for your business. Does a mobile app even make sense for your beauty salon business? What would it cost? Who’s going to update it? These and many other questions need answers in order to really make an educated decision. Let’s look at some of what you should know.
The Pros and Cons of creating a mobile app for your business
- Over 50 percent of adult Americans are employing smartphones for both consumer and business needs
- Keeps your brand prominent in the marketplace
- A great tool to improve client and customer loyalty and retention
- App users typically spend much more time on apps than on mobile sites
- Usually load faster than mobile sites
- Available offline, though they would need to login to purchase, or perform any other action
- Mobile apps are required for each different mobile platform
- Mobile apps require regular care, both as regard fresh content along with technology updates
- Not as simple to optimize as a mobile website
- Mobile ads may very well serve the same purpose
- Can be wildly expensive! While there are a few Do It Yourself solutions, they are minimal in functionality and hard to update.
We all know that there are as many uses for an app than you’ll be able to imagine, but some are superior to others. Here is an example of how apps were developed in the health care market. Making sure your app is useful and not a mere novelty will go a long way toward helping you make your choice. While it’s a given that you need a mobile version of your website, the question of whether or not you should shell out what could be big bucks for an app is one you need to look at carefully. Take your time to weigh the pros and cons for your beauty salon business before you leap into building a mobile app!