If you are finalizing your plans for marketing in 2014, we are seeing some trends that you would do well to bear in mind as you do so.
Some of these have been coming a long while, and then are a couple that are new to the game. We’ve uncovered five of these trends that will make a difference in your beauty salon marketing in 2104, and here they are!
- Content Marketing – Ensuring your content is top-notch and that there is a lot of it is your task for 2014. If you’re marketing online, this is the way you’re speaking to your prospects, so stagnant and stinky content won’t do! Furthermore, studies are demonstrating that companies using a blog regularly get 67 percent more leads than those who don’t.
- Visual content takes the cake! – The current web browser is much more likely to be captivated by visual content instead of large blocks of text, so whenever you have a chance to use visuals, do so! Using images, videos, slideshows and more are much more likely to be shared all over the place.
- Retargeting – A trend that is gaining interest fast, retargeting is the practice of having your ads follow customers around. I know; it may sound creepy, but it does amazing things for your brand by keeping it in front of someone who has expressed an interest in that specific search term. AdRoll and Google are the top players right now, however, many more are joining the party.
- Social Signals and SEO – Although some point out that social signals carry little weight in the search algorithm up to now (like they know!) it’s likely to be poised for a larger role as we develop into a progressively more social web. What this means is there’s no time like the present to execute a social media initiative!
- Demographic targeting in ads – You now have the capability to target your advertising with the precision of a smart bomb. Platforms like Facebook with their promoted posts and custom audiences make it easy to target incredibly niche markets efficiently. What’s more, you can do this at a fraction of the cost it’d take you to advertise widely and inefficiently. This is the year targeted paid ads are on every marketer’s to do list!