It’s no secret that the best way to boost revenue is to get new beauty salon business. And one of the best ways to gain new beauty salon business is from customer referrals. There’s little that speaks as glowingly about your beauty salon business than your current and past customers raving about it. Best of all, usually this most powerful form of advertising doesn’t have to cost you a cent!
Here are 5 tips to get your beauty salon customers bragging about you and your brand.
- Strive to be outstanding – If your beauty salon business isn’t trying to be flat out memorable in everything you do, it will likely be hard to create raving fans. You can find ordinary beauty salon businesses everywhere you look; it’s your job to go that one step further, give that extra effort, and give them a reason to tout your beauty salon business. What’s nice though is that this will pay off exponentially!
- Connect with social media – Make sure you’re connecting with your customers using social media. Often companies will set up social channels, and then neglect them, often at their peril, as these can be conduits to problems, opportunities and relationships. Your customers use them, to be sure, if they have an issue with you, so make sure you get ahead of this.
- Deal with problems proactively – Whenever you do have a problem, dealing with it quickly, professionally and generously is by far the best way to score a few points with not just the customer in question, but all those who happen to view or find out about this, often through the customers themselves, whether good or bad!
- Ask for reviews – Unquestionably the best place to generate great buzz about your products and services is through the reports and reviews of your current and former buyers. Be sure to encourage satisfied customers to post reviews, both on the site and on merchant review sites like Yelp. This will help immeasurably, and over 90 percent of people seek out reviews before shopping.
- Treat your customers as you would expect to be treated – only better! – Developing a relationship with your customers, in which you regularly connect with them by asking opinions and offering free advice, is the foundation for fostering the kind of goodwill it requires for them to become a raving fan of your brand. Get enough of them shouting your virtues on the rooftops, and your problems are over!