Did you know that more than 70 percent of consumers prefer getting to know a company via content marketing rather than ads? Still companies spend more money on advertising than on content creation, according to ContentPlus. So is this to do with really trusting the content marketing model, or more a reflection of the need to generate traffic and leads more rapidly? The answer: probably some of both. Content marketing is without question the best vehicle for developing your authority and brand. The problem is it can be a lot of work. In addition, it can take considerably longer to find out whether your content is delivering in terms of leads and sales, as opposed to advertising traffic.
Content marketing is an important part of the success of your beauty salon business!
While it can be difficult and time-consuming, if you want to develop your brand into a long-term success, you have to sell out to making content marketing a significant piece of your online marketing. How do you make it work for you? With all the new content showing up every day, exactly what can you do to make yours stick out from the pack?
5 Tips for effective beauty salon content marketing
- Write what your audience wants to read – Ask or otherwise glean clues as to what your site visitors want to read, and supply this. Looking at your Google Analytics for your best performing pages can be a help in this.
- Write substance – Longer, more purposeful content is what Search engines love, and consequently this type of content is shared much more often.
- Answer questions – One of the best ways to endear yourself to readers, is to answer their questions and concerns. See how one pool company did it.
- Use Google authorship – Not only does this help in the search results, it can boost your authority in Google.
- Encourage and promote sharing – Sharing brings links and traffic. Have you already got enough off those? Keep in mind that social signals surrounding your content are now part of Google’s search ranking algorithm.
Getting smart today about beauty salon content marketing could minimize the need to have to buy that traffic in the future. Something to contemplate!