Beauty Salon Marketers searching for a way to engage and grow their reach would do well to look at the meteoric growth and popularity of Instagram, a free online photo sharing and social network platform acquired by Facebook in 2012. Instagram allows members users to upload, edit and share photos with other members through the Instagram website, email, and social media sites including Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Foursquare and Flickr. On Instagram, you can follow other users’ photo streams, be followed back by those users, and search for friends by name or find any friends that may have previously connected to you on other social networks.
Some ridiculous numbers…
Just so you get an idea how popular Instagram has become within a few short years (founded in 2010), here are 7 eye-popping stats:
- Instagram has 100 million monthly active users. (Instagram)
- 40 million photos are posted per day. (Instagram)
- 28 percent of U.S. Internet users between the ages of 18 and 29 use Instagram. (Pew)
- 98 percent of Instagram photos posted by top brands are now shared to Facebook. (Simply Measured)
- 59 percent of Interbrand’s top 100 brands are on Instagram. (SimplyMeasured)
- There are 8,500 likes per second on Instagram. (Instagram)
- 1,000 comments are made per second. (Instagram)
How beauty salon businesses are using Instagram
Knowing that people interact with sites like Instagram on an emotional level, beauty salon businesses taking some time to share what is important to the brand and to the core target customer are exactly where they want to be. Smart beauty salon business use Instagram as a snapshot inside their company, and put a personal face to their beauty salon business and enrich relationships simultaneously.
Private Picassos, a children’s art studio in New York City, uses Instagram to record their student’s work, which has led to parents commenting and sharing the photos, thus increasing their business. “I don’t do any paid advertising, so it’s a way to encourage your client to do the marketing for you,” director Valeen Parubchenko says.
Charlotte Howard is a Radio Host and Beauty Salon Success Coach. She specializes in beauty salon business start-up and client attraction. Contact her today for all of your burning beauty salon business questions, visit www.CharlotteHowardInfo.com
Spread the Word, like or share this page, your friends will also love it and thanks for it.