Improving the email open rates of your existing list is very high in the list of how you can boost your bottom line easily. It’s far easier to market to a person that has done business with you than to acquire a new beauty salon customer, and requires not nearly as much work as you might think. With an industry average of around 27.4 percent, it’s important have an understanding of your open rates, and the way you can enhance them.
Toward that end, here are 10 top tips for enhancing your email open rates.
- Create something worth reading – No doubt, the easiest way to have your email opened is to write something your readers can’t wait to get more of.
- Don’t’ write War and Peace – No one has enough time in their own day, and long emails that drift about and don’t deliver on the promise are one way to keep them from opening again. Also, make sure you make use of optimum sending times.
- Build great subject lines – This is actually the most significant factor in whether or not your email gets opened. Take your time to write great subject lines.
- Use your first line effectively – Closely connected is the first line, part of which is visible in their inbox. This too is valuable real estate, and don’t allow yours to be filled with things like “If you don’t see any images in this message…”
- Give them what they really want! – Make sure you make an effort to provide solutions.
- Offer deals and savings – Everyone wants a great deal, and email is an excellent way to communicate any deals or specials your business is offering.
- Be the authority – We always have something to learn, and if you are able to position yourself as somebody who offers something worthwhile for your readers, your open rates will flourish.
- Be entertaining – Don’t be StatMan. Don’t be scared to inject humor, wit, and a little controversy on occasion.
- Make your “From” line recognizable – Having your company name or the person who is branded as the sender imparts trust.
- Resend your unopens – An easy action to take, taking the time to resend to your unopened email is a simple way to increase your open rates.
Charlotte Howard is a Radio Host and Beauty Salon Success Coach. She specializes in beauty salon business start-up and client attraction. Contact her today for all of your burning beauty salon business questions, visit www.CharlotteHowardInfo.com
Spread the Word, like or share this page, your friends will also love it and thanks for it.