Email marketing is tricky enough without us making the task even more difficult. With mobile email open rates rising rapidly, it can be a virtual death sentence for your beauty salon business should you overlook optimizing your marketing emails for small screens.
Mobile email open rates are on fire!
According to a study by Knotice.com, mobile opens accounted for 36 percent of all email opens in early 2012. Also, it’s by far (by 74 percent!) the most preferred method of communication by online adults. And it’s not just phones on one platform either. ReturnPath reports that iPhones make up 59 percent of the open rate share, iPads 26 percent, Androids 14 percent and Windows phones and devices less than 1 percent. The takeaway here is that it’s not just phones, and not necessarily on the move.
Here are a few tips for optimizing your beauty salon emails for mobile
So not to leave you without a plan for optimizing your beauty salon marketing emails, here are a few actionable tips that will help ensure your marketing messages show up how you want them to!
- Keep your messages short. People, particularly on mobile devices, have a short attention span. Create punchy, enticing subject lines and material that keeps the reader engaged.
- Keep image files small, as large files take significantly longer to load, you don’t want people exiting before they even get a chance to see what you’ve got!
- Keep your font sizes inside your main content a minimum of 14, and headlines around 30. Anything below 13 will get automatically changed by the iPhone, and may destroy your formatting.
- Make your calls to action large enough for easy tapping. An average adult finger covers about 45 pixels, so keep that in mind.
- Make certain you test your marketing emails on the different mobile platforms prior to hitting the send button! This is well worth the couple of minutes it will take!
Optimizing your emails for mobile isn’t a little something you should get to when you’re able to – it’s a big deal you ought to do today! You can be sure your competition is!
Charlotte Howard is a Radio Host and Beauty Salon Success Coach. She specializes in beauty salon business start-up and client attraction. Contact her today for all of your burning beauty salon business questions, visit www.CharlotteHowardInfo.com
Spread the Word, like or share this page, your friends will also love it and thanks for it.