Local mobile beauty salon marketing is a virtual goldmine!
However, given the marketing activities of most beauty salon businesses, you’d probably never know this.
The era of the smart phone is here but many local beauty salon business owners are still in the dark ages. They are playing catch up with their clients and their behavior. An interesting Web.com survey showed of 500 small business owners showed on 26 percent of respondents invested time and money in optimizing their site for mobile devices! What does this mean for beauty salon businesses? It means this is a great time to stand out from the crowd. The mobile customers are ripe for the taking and you are in perfect position to reap the rewards!
More than half of all searches are being done on a mobile device and you being a beauty salon business owner can take advantage of that. Even a beauty salon business on a tight budget can make use of these five ways to market to mobile beauty salon users.
- Mobile Optimized Site – Ensuring that the site is optimized properly for mobile is step one, and without it pretty much everything else doesn’t matter. Make sure it is designed with mobile in mind, and is available on all platforms. According to market research from Google, 61 percent of consumers will leave a website if it’s not optimized for mobile.
- Look into Mobile Ads – Mobile ads are cheap and efficient. This may sound surprising but right now a lot of the inventory goes unsold every month which keeps the costs down. This makes it a prime time for you to jump in and explore mobile advertising.
- SMS and Push Notifications – SMS messages (text messages) have a high open rate. According to Frost and Sullivan, they’re opened at an amazing 95 percent! Push notifications are also an execllent way to stay in touch with your customers who choose to opt-in.
- Combining Mobile and Your Social Media – Nothing says social media like real-time connections with your customer base. This is the latest trend and the smallest of beauty salon businesses can get in on the craze by combining their social media site with a mobile devices. Combine specials, events, coupons or link a YouTube video to create buzz. Then Tweets and traffic will soon start coming to your web site. Next thing you know your site’s search engine ranking will start climbing and so will your Google . However, the best part is, you’ll be connecting with your subscriber base in a real-time way and they will give you valuable feedback.
- Location Based Marketing and Passbook – Be sure you’re capable of being found with the various location based mobile services like Foursquare and Yelp, as well as look into new technology like Passbook, a terrific new app that enables users to store coupons, boarding passes, gift cards, event tickets, store cards, and other forms of mobile payment.
The most critical thing for local beauty salon businesses is to gather knowledge and always keep learning. Remember, it doesn’t have to be difficult and it doesn’t have to be expensive. You just have to begin where you are and never stop learning.
Charlotte Howard is a Radio Host and Beauty Salon Success Coach. She specializes in beauty salon business start-up and client attraction. Contact her today for all of your burning beauty salon business questions, visit www.CharlotteHowardInfo.com
Spread the Word, like or share this page, your friends will also love it and thanks for it.